I am sure you’ll agree with me when I say that the productivity of your salon business is crucial for your success. It’s very challenging to run a profitable salon unless you right size the time you or your staff spend with your clients. But how many clients does a hair stylist have a day? I decided to find out.
How many clients does a hair stylist have a day? The average number of clients a hair stylist have a day is 12. Most stylists have somewhere between 6-20 clients per day but the right number of clients depends on several factors. Let’s have a look at what those are and what you can do about it.
When is 6-10 Clients Per Day Right?
Even as few as 6 clients per day can be the right amount of clients to see in a day. However, you will then need to be able to charge a premium price at each visit to make your salon profitable. A low amount of clients per day fits salons that offer high price services that take time longer time to complete.
When Should You Consider Increasing Your Visits Up to 20 Per Day?
People have less and less time available today to take care of themselves. This is why we see a rise of new express services where the salon clients gets there service complete in short time. In fact, some new express salon concepts are built around that you get multiple services done at the same time to save the clients time. For example, you may get your nails done while you get your blow dry service.
You may also have a clientele in your salon that are not able to pay for a higher price service and in this case you can compensate this by shortening the time of the service and instead accepting more appointments during the day.
How to Increase the Number of Salon Clients?
There are many ways in which you can grow the number of clients in your salon. I have pulled together a complete article that gives you the 9 fastest ways to attract clients to your salon here.
Get More Salon Clients and Grow Your Salon's Profit
Use the ideas and strategies on this page in conjunction with these tools to get more salon clients and boost your profit.
- Square Appointments: Get clients booked on autopilot with the best appointment scheduling and salon management software (free for individuals)
- Wix Website Builder: Improve your salon's visibility online with the most easy-to-use salon website builder (free and pro plan available)
- Canva Brand Design: Design marekting material (social media images, posters, business cards, and more..) and get printed versions delivered to your doorstep (free and pro plan available)
- Constant Contact Email Marketing: Build client loyalty with a professional salon newsletter from the best email provider for local businesses (free 30 day trial)
- Amazon Business: Get access to professional-only products at lower prices on Amazon (free)
- Fundera Business Loan Comparison: Compare salon financing options you never knew you had (free and won't affect your credit score)
How Often do Women Visit Hair Salons?
In 2017, women in the UK visited their beauty salon, on average, every 6.2 weeks for a haircut and every 6.6 weeks for a hair color service.
How Long Time Does a Hair Salon Visit Take?
The average time for a haircut is 35 minutes and a color service is 40 min. However, a hair color service can also go up to 120 minutes.