Are you on the hunt for a good hair salon name?
Then you’ve landed in the right place.
This article is packed with hairdressing salon name ideas to help you decide on a name that is right for your salon. You’ll get a complete list of hair salon names – classy hair salon names for the high-end salon as well as fun and clever hair salon names for the salon with character.
Use the links below to navigate to the salon names that are most relevant for you.
- 1 Best Practices when Coming up with a Hair Salon Name
- 2 Unique Hair Salon Names
- 3 Classy Hair Salon Names
- 4 Creative Hair Salon Names
- 5 French Hair Salon Names
- 6 Funny & Clever Hair Salon Names
- 7 Catchy Hair Salon Names
- 8 Cool Hair Salon Names
- 9 Cute Hair Salon Names – Perfect as Kids Hair Salon Names
- 10 Barber Shop Names
- 11 Hair Salon Names in Italian
- 12 Spanish Hair Salon Names
- 13 Elegant Hair Salon Names
- 14 Vintage Hair Salon Names
- 15 Trendy Hair Salon Names
- 16 Hair & Beauty Salon Names
- 17 Hair & Nail Salon Names
- 18 Accellerate the Start of Your Salon Business
- 19 The Best Hair Salon Names
- 20 Related Questions
Let’s go through the best hair salon name ideas for 2020!
Best Practices when Coming up with a Hair Salon Name
Before we dive into the big list of hair company names, let’s cover a few principles that you should have in the back of your head as you decide on the best hair salon name for you.
Does the Hair Salon Name Reflect You and Your Salon?
Your salon’s name should be unique and distinct to you. In order to land on the right name, take 2 minutes to think about how you’d like your salon to be perceived (e.g. classy, creative, or cool) as well as what it is that makes your salon unique. This can be the specific services you offer or the story about why your hair salon exists in the first place.
Does the Name Make it Intuitive that it is a Hair Salon?
You will be using your salon’s name in all your future salon marketing activities. And in many cases, you only have a split second to communicate who you are. This is why it’s vital that people immediately understand what type of business you run or you’ll lose their attention.
Can you Find an Available Website Domain Name?
Soon after you’ve locked on your salon name, you’ll need to create your salon website and business email addresses. To do that, you need a domain name (e.g. yoursalon.com).
As all businesses are increasingly moving online and the cost of a domain name is low, the number of available domain names are becoming fewer. This is why it’s good to do a check already now to see if the name you want is available or you might want to adapt your name.
The easiest way of doing this is by using Namecheap. They allow you to search for names and generate more ideas. If it’s busy, you can try with appending your “hair”, “salon”, or your city to the name. When you find something good, you can grab it at a low price with Namecheap to ensure no one else takes it.
What will the Name Look Like as a Hair Salon Logo?
Your hair salon name not only needs to sound good. It needs to look good.
You don’t necessarily need to finalize your logo at this stage but it’s a good idea to at least test what it could look like when you turn it into a logo. As you do this exercise you might realize that certain letters would be better than others which could influence your final hair salon name.
It’s really easy to do this test with Canva. Canva is a free design tool that most entrepreneurs use to design things for their businesses. They also offer a free 30 day trial of their paid plan which gives you access to great logo assets. Thus, I’d suggest you get on the free trial to generate your logo ideas (which you can complete in less than the trial period).
Now that you know what to look for, let’s dive into the list of hair salon name ideas.
Unique Hair Salon Names
Your salon is unique.
There’s no other salon the same as yours.
I’m sure you have a specific reason why you decided to open your salon and that your salon has a mission that is different from the other salon down the street from you.
Embrace this. And bring it to life in your hair salon’s name.
There’s no such thing as a unique salon name unless it represents what is unique about you.
Here are a few things you should consider in order to come up with a unique hair salon name. Make some notes as you go over the questions.
- Why did you start your salon?
- Where are you from?
- Do you use any specific hair cutting technique in your salon?
- What’s your hero hair service(s)?
- What’s your name? And do you have any old distinct names in your family?
These are all cues to help you come up with a hair salon name that is unique to you. You can, for example, use a foreign language hair salon name if you have a history with that language or it fits with your hair salon’s story. You can also be unique by simply using an unusual hair salon name (which I’m also including some samples of).
Let’s go over a list of unique hair salon names to give you some ideas of how this could play out. I’ll include a short reason why the name could be unique to you.
- Pearson Hair Salon (simply using your name)
- Salon New England (where you’re from)
- Komorebi Hair Salon (If you have Japanese heritage or salon focus – meaning sunlight filtering through trees)
- Tsundoko Salon (Japanese – the act of buying books and leaving them unread)
- Salon Embasan (Maguindanao/Philippines – to wear clothes while taking a bath)
- Voorpret Hair (Dutch – the sense of enjoyment before an event takes place)
- Fernwhe Salon (German – missing a place you’ve never been)
- Salon Meraki (Greek – to do something with soal creativity or love)
- Salon Jayus (Indonesian – a joke so poorly spoken that it becomes funny)
- Salon Mudita (Sanskrit – taking delight in the happiness of others joy)
- Lagom Hair Lounge (Swedish – just the right amount)
- Hygge Hair (Danish – the absence of anything annoying)
- Salon Ubuntu (Nguni – the beliefe that we are defined by our kindness toward each other)
- Lautong Salon (Mandarin – a friendship between two girls for eternity)
- Blade (a tool you might be using a lot)
- Trim (same as above)
- Salon Express (if your focus is speed)
- Fuller (if you volumize)
- Layers (your cutting technique)
- Confidence (if your mission is to give confidence)
- Salon Balayage (your hero service)
- Cut Costs (if your focus is low price)
- Color & Curls (your hero service)
- Scalp First (a special skill you’re focusing on)
- Hair Doctor (if you have a hair health over beauty focus)
- Solo Salon (if you’re an individual stylist)
- Blonde Studio (if you specialize in blonds)
Classy Hair Salon Names
Do you run a high-end salon and are looking for a salon name to represent your premium and luxurious brand?
Then you need a classy hair salon name.
It’s important to understand that luxury brands are very different from “regular brands”. They have a deeper meaning and stand for something beyond just being a hair salon. You can use humor also in a premium hair salon name but it’s much more difficult to achieve a premium perception this way.
In fact, the way you craft a classy hair salon name is so different from ordinary names that I’ve created a separate article specifically for you who are looking for a classy name for your high-end hair salon.
In this article, I go through the principles of luxury brands and how you can come up with a name that reflects your exclusive hair salon.
You can access the article about classy hair salon names here.
Here’s a list of classy hair salon names.
- Zuma & Nadal
- Bazaar hair
- Majesty Hair
- The One
- Serenity Salon
- Remedy Bar
- Head Office
- Salon Fringe
- Salon Divine
- Hair Grande
- Salon Zephyr
- Salon Amber
- Salon Illum
- Pure Salon
- Salon Luscious
- Stone Salon
- Tiger Salon
- Salon Flatter
- Salon Opal
- Salon Signature
- The Studio
- The Hive
- Salon Bounce
- At Lisas (or your name)
- Lisa & Lars (or founders names)
Creative Hair Salon Names
People change hairdresser because they want to renew themselves.
They want new thinking and creativity to turn their old look that they’re bored with into something fresh and new. And they trust you to be that change maker.
Using a name that signals creativity is smart as that is one of the most sought for skills of a hairstylist. There are many words that carry a flare of creativity that you can use as part of your name to bring this to life.
In the list below I’ve mapped out words that carry a feeling of creativity.
- Salon Iridescent (producing a display of rainbow-like colors)
- Salon Renew
- Salon Create
- Salon Paint
- Salon Art
- Hair Innovation
- The Hair Lab
- Hair Brains
- Blank Canvas
- The Hair Lab
- Art & Chemistry
- The Shoot
- The Process
- The Drawing Board
- Out of the Bob
French Hair Salon Names
I’m sure you’ll agree with me when I say that the French language carries luxury connotations
Big fashion houses like Chanel, Dior, and Yves Saint Laurent are certainly guilty of driving this and many hair salons are following. Using hair salon names in French can certainly help make your salon brand name sound more premium.
I was making note of hair salon names in Paris during my last visit and have added some more in the list of French hair salon name ideas below.
- Elle (She)
- Femelle (Female)
- Noir (Black)
- Blanche (White)
- Petit Salon (small salon)
- Salon Bisou (kiss)
- Salon Étoile (star)
- Hair Boutique
- A La Mode (in fashion)
- Salon Chatoyer (to shimmer)
- Salon Cheveux (Hair)
- Dépaysement (disorientation felt in a foreign country)
- Mon Petit Hair
- Le Posh
- Floraison (bloom)
- Salon Soleil (sun)
- Coiffeur (Hairdresser)
- Le Salon
- Atelier de Julien (or your name)
- Salon Mieux (Better Salon)
- Salon Paris
- Plein de Vie (full of life)
- Salon Jolie (pretty)
- Salon Formidable (excellent)
- Vachement (“really really”)
- Deja Vous
Funny & Clever Hair Salon Names
Do you want to create an approachable feeling about your salon?
Then using a hair salon name with humor is a good idea. It signals that you do not take life too seriously which makes you human and more approachable.
Funny hair salon names are also easier for people to remember as it evokes an emotion and not just the rational brain. Some of the funniest hair salon names really make me laugh though and I leave it to you if that’s the first impression you want to give or not 🙂
Let’s look at a list of fun and quirky hair salon names.
- Cutting Edge
- Dying for Color
- Dye Hard
- Upper Cuts
- Ace of Fades
- Knot Just Hair
- Bubble Trouble
- Hair Affair
- No Loose Ends
- All Tangled Up
- Bay Wash
- Cut the Crap
- Split Second
- Braids and fades
- Jack of all Fades
- Shear Madness
- Dye Another Day
- Ahead of Time
- Pit Stop Barbershop
- Brittish Hairways
- Head Office
- Cut Loose
Catchy Hair Salon Names
As we learned earlier, funny hair salon names are more rememberable than others. But maybe you don’t want your salon name to be funny. This is why I created this list of catchy hair salon names that are memorable without necessarily employing humor.
- The Colorist
- A Cut Above
- Hair with Flair
- Under the Dryer
- Lovely Lather
- Luscious Locks
- Barbie Boutique
- Lush Locs
- Sassy Life Salon
- Cut Cube
- Twisted Scissors
- The Assembly
- Style Citizen
- Hair Happens
- Buzz & Bangs
- Wave Lengths
- Stellar Strands
- Snips & Tips
Cool Hair Salon Names
Are the hair salon names listed so far not cool enough for you?
I get it.
I have pulled together a list below of edgy hair salon names that I hope should do the trick. These are the most funky hair salon names I could come up with and I hope you’ll find some interesting options in the list. I found some when looking at new york hair salon names as well as other big cities.
Here’s a list of cool hair salon names:
- Salon Illicit (not legally permitted)
- Nunchi Salon (Korean – the ability to read others and act appropriately)
- Ineffable Hair (too good to be expressed in words)
- Salon Aquiver (quivering/ trembling)
- Beauty Bombinate (to make a humming or buzzing noise)
- Halo Hair
- Icon Salon
- Rusty Blade
- Style Street Salon
- The Hair Project
- The One & Only
- Hair Republic
- Salon Oblivion (the state of being unaware of what is happening around you)
- Salon Petrichor (the pleasant, earthy smell after rain)
- Cool Cutz
- Salon Defenestration (the act of throwing someone out of a window)
- Sonder Salon (the realization that each passerby has a life as vivid and complex as your own)
- Mod Salon
- Smoke & Mirrors
- Rebel Rebel
Cute Hair Salon Names – Perfect as Kids Hair Salon Names
Did you find the cool hair salon names too cool? 🙂
If you run a hair salon for children or just like a cute touch to your name, I think you’ll like this list of cute hair salon names.
- Salon Gigil (Filipino – the urge to squeeze or pinch something really cute)
- Goya Salon (Urdu – the suspension of disbelief that happens in good storytelling)
- Cute Cut
- Girl Hair
- Oh Boy Hair
- Mon Petit Hair
- Pretty Parlour
- Curly Girl
- Lilly Beauty
- Pink me up
Barber Shop Names
Are you running a male salon?
Then typically the list of cool hair salon names could be a good fit. However, if you run a barbershop, there are more specific barber shop name ideas you can leverage as brand name. In fact, it’s quite common that barbers also have personal barber nicknames. This is something you should consider as well. But for now, let’s look at a list of cool barbershop names.
- Cut ‘N’ Shave
- Walk-In Trim
- Scissors N’ Razors
- Rebel Rebel
- Clippers & Cutters
- Bad Girl Barbers
- Rusty Blade
- Papa Bear
- For Him
- One-Stop Barber
- Corner Barber
- Straight Razor
- Lookin’ Sharp
- Mustache Man
- Muscle Cut
- Barber Borthers
- Lads Lounge
- Cut & Clip
- Barber House
- Silver Bullet Barber
- The Mad Barber
- The Pope
- Minute Barber
Hair Salon Names in Italian
Like with French hair salon names, Italian hair salon names carry a premium perception. After all, Italy (and maybe Milan in particular) is the Mecca for fashion brands. Think Prada, Versace, Gucci, and Fendi.
So what are popular hair salon names in Italy?
Let’s look at a list of Italian hair salon names.
- Bellissimo (beautiful)
- Sprezzatura (effortless elegance)
- Noi (we)
- Crepuscolo Salon (twilight)
- Mozzafiato Hair (breathtaking)
- Mamma Mia Salon (used to express excitement)
- Salon Salve (be well)
- Salon Furbo (clever)
- Salon Figurati (imagine)
- Daje Beauty (come on)
- Salon Capelli (hair)
- Salon Sorellina (little sister)
- Barbiere (male hair salon)
- Salon Lacca (hair spray)
- Salon Pettine (comb)
Spanish Hair Salon Names
Spanish is one of the biggest languages in the world and, even if it’s not as known for fashion as Italy or France, it’s a good alternative language to use as part of your hair salon name. Spanish hair salon names has a cooler ring to them than for example French and Italian names.
The language is more straight forward and, even if you don’t have a Latin American or Spanish heritage can work well to give a unique and cool touch to your salon.
- Corte (cut)
- Bella Vida (good life)
- A Capas (in layers)
- Salon Aceite (oil)
- Salon Aqua (water)
- Baño (bath)
- Salon Barro (mud)
- Brillo Hair (shine)
- Cabeza (head)
- Salon Cobre (copper)
- Salon Dorado (golden)
- Estilo Salon (style)
- Salon Gajo (lock of hair)
- Hebra (a strand of hair)
- Lustre (luster)
- Muy Hair (much)
- Nuca Beauty (back of neck)
Elegant Hair Salon Names
Are you running a salon with a posh clientele and need an elegant hair salon name that speaks to your client?
The way you come up with a good high-end hair salon name is different from other types of salons. This is why I have put together a dedicated guide to classy hair salon names here. I strongly recommend you read this if you fall into this category of salons.
But elegant and classy hair salon names are not the same thing. Here I’m trying to focus on the names that have that subtle, simple, yet high-end touch to it.
Let’s look at a list of hair salon name examples with that elegant touch.
- Eloquence (the art of using language in an apt, fluent way)
- Salon Serendipity (the chance occurrence of events in a beneficial way)
- Epiphany (a moment of sudden revelation)
- Supine (lying face upwards)
- Luminescence (light produced by chemical, electrical, or physiological means)
- Salon Solitude (a state of seclusion or isolation)
- Aurora (dawn)
- Salon Nobel
- Nuxe Hair
- Salon Clouds
- Limerence (the state of being infatuated with another person)
- Ethereal (extremely delicate, light, not of this world)
- Bright Lux Salon
- Genesis Salon
- Phosphenes (the light and colors produced by rubbing your eyes)
- Ephemeral (lasting for a very short time)
- Platinum Salon
- Eternity Salon
- Air Beauty
Vintage Hair Salon Names
Are you looking for a salon name that brings to life your vintage image?
Then you might like some of the vintage hair salon names below.
- Epoch (a particular period of time in history or a person’s life)
- Rocking Reds
- Oh La La Salon
- Blue Moon
- Salon Dolly
- Glam Central
- Salon Reflection
- Silver Screens
- Retro Beauty
- Viva Glam
- Cool Beans
- Ruby’s Reds
- Salon Wicked
- Salon Burlesque
- Madam Me
- Back in the Days
- Kings & Queens
- Groovy Salon
- The Bee’s Knees (used to tell someone they are simply the best in the 20s)
Trendy Hair Salon Names
Your clients turn to you for trend advice.
But are you showing up as a trend expert?
By employing a trend related hair salon name you signal that you’re a trend authority they can trust.
Let look at a list of trendy hair salon names.
- Behind the Scenes at Lisa’s (or your name)
- The Lighthouse
- The Hair Show
- Salon Catwalk
- Vegan Society
- Planet Hair
- No Footprint
- On Trend
- Salon GOAT (Greatest of all times)
- Salon IRL (in real life)
- Salon Couture
- Haute Couture
- Salon Activists
Hair & Beauty Salon Names
Do you offer more than just hair services in your salon?
A lot of the hair salon names in this list are general and not necessarily specific to hair. You’ve probably already noted down some.
A good idea is to just pick one of the generic names in the list and add “Hair & Beauty” so that people understand you offer more than hairdressing services. However, if you’re looking for something that communicates the fact that you’re not only a hair salon you can check out this list of hair & beauty salon names.
- Skin & Scalp
- Head & Body
- All Hair
- Head to toe
- Total Beauty
- Salon You
- Salon Destination
- The Beauty Experts
- The Getaway
- The Beauty Spot
- Grand Salon
- All at Once
- One-Stop Salon
Hair & Nail Salon Names
Do you have a nail bar in your hair salon?
It’s a good idea to reflect that in your name to drive awareness also of your nail services. Similarly to hair & beauty salons, you can also pick a generic salon name in this list and simply add hair & nail to the end.
But if you’re looking for a specific name that communicates both of your salon services, I have put together a list below that also reflect your nail business.
- Everything Color
- Color, Color, Color
- Vitamin B
- Cut & Coat
- Hair & Nail Room
- Blush Beauty Bar
- Hand & Head
- Your Hair & Nails
- 2x Salon
- Red Hair, Red Nails
- The Paint
- Paint it Black
- Tip & Top Salon
- Say it with Color
- Hair & Nail Bar
- Hair & Nail Lab
Accellerate the Start of Your Salon Business
Use the ideas and strategies on this page in conjunction with these tools to get your salon up and running fast with more clients and higher profit.
- Square Appointments: The best appointment scheduling and salon management software (free for individuals)
- Wix Website Builder: The most easy-to-use salon website builder to create your own salon website (free and pro plan available)
- Canva Brand Design: Design marekting material (your logo, social media images, posters, business cards) and have printed versions delivered to your doorstep (free and pro plan available)
- Constant Contact Email Marketing: Run a professional salon newsletter with the best email provider for local businesses (free 30 day trial)
- Amazon Business: Get access to professional-only products at lower prices on Amazon (free)
- Fundera Business Loan Comparison: Compare salon financing options you never knew you had (free and won't affect your credit score)
- Hiscox Salon Insurance: Get a free insurance cost quote from a salon specilized insurance provider (free quote)
The Best Hair Salon Names
We’re approaching the end of this article. I hope you have a paper next to you now (or iPhone notes app) that is full of ideas for hair salon names.
But what are the best hair salon names?
As I think has become clear today. There isn’t really a “best salon name”. What is a good name will depend and the hair salon that should carry it. But I can give you a couple of final thoughts to consider when judging what will be the best name for your hair salon.
Not all of the below needs (or should) be true. But you should at least make a conscious decision about each question.
- Does it communicate what is unique about you and your hair salon?
- Does the name reflect if you’re a classy, cool or creative salon?
- Will people immediately understand that you’re a hair salon when they hear the name?
- Can the name be executed in a visually appealing salon logo?
- Are you able to find an available website domain that makes sense with your hair salon name?
If you’re answering yes to most of the above points, you’re in a good place now.
Do you have any more hair salon name ideas? Let me know in the comments box below! Also, if you enjoyed this article, it would mean the world to me if you wanted to share it with your friends using the social buttons on this page.
1. List everything that is distinct about you and your salon (hero services, unique cutting techniques, origins etc.)
2. Articulate how you want your salon to be perceived (classy, cool, creative etc.)
3. Brainstorm hair salon names that reflect steps 1 and 2.
4. Try to translate into other languages (e.g. French and Italian) for more options
5. Ensure people who hear it understands that it’s a hair salon (if not append e.g. “Salon” to the name)
6. Check that you can find a good website domain name available for the name
7. Use a tool to visualize what it could look like as a logo
8. Ask friend, family, and clients for feedback
9. Trust your gut and pick the best name
A good hair salon name communicates what’s unique about you and your salon. It also signals the type of hair salon you are. Ideally, it should also be possible to execute in a visually appealing way in the salon’s logotype.