Are you on the hunt for good nail salon name ideas?
Then you’ve landed in the right place.
This is where I’ve curated the best nail salon names for 2020. All nail business name ideas you find here are a result of careful research of the most popular nail salon names right now as well as the addition of unique, unheard of, name ideas to make your nail salon stand out in 2020 and beyond. I’m also including a list of catchy nail salon slogans that you can combine with your name to express the uniqueness of your salon.
After you’ve gone through the list I’ll take you through the vital steps you need to know to ensure the name you pick will be a success.
This is so exciting.
To help you find the best name for you, I have categorized them all into creative & unique, classy & fancy, funny & catchy, cool & funky as well as cute nail salon name ideas. You’ll also find nail salon names in French as well as some catchy nail salon slogans.
Watch My Top Nail Salon and Beauty Salon Names First
I recommend you go through the full list but if you’re short on time you can navigate directly to the most relevant nail salon names for you using the links below.
Let’s get to it.
- 1 Accellerate the Start of Your Salon Business
- 2 Unique Nail Salon Names
- 3 Creative Nail Salon Names
- 4 Funny Nail Salon Names
- 5 Catchy Nail Salon Names
- 6 Classy & Fancy Nail Salon Names
- 7 Funky & Cool Nail Salon Names
- 8 Cute Nail Salon Names
- 9 Hair & Nail Salon Names
- 10 French Nail Salon Names
- 11 Unique & Catchy Nail Salon Slogans
- 12 How to Choose the Best Nail Salon Name
Accellerate the Start of Your Salon Business
Use the ideas and strategies on this page in conjunction with these tools to get your salon up and running fast with more clients and higher profit.
- Square Appointments: The best appointment scheduling and salon management software (free for individuals)
- Wix Website Builder: The most easy-to-use salon website builder to create your own salon website (free and pro plan available)
- Canva Brand Design: Design marekting material (your logo, social media images, posters, business cards) and have printed versions delivered to your doorstep (free and pro plan available)
- Constant Contact Email Marketing: Run a professional salon newsletter with the best email provider for local businesses (free 30 day trial)
- Amazon Business: Get access to professional-only products at lower prices on Amazon (free)
- Fundera Business Loan Comparison: Compare salon financing options you never knew you had (free and won't affect your credit score)
- Hiscox Salon Insurance: Get a free insurance cost quote from a salon specilized insurance provider (free quote)
Unique Nail Salon Names
What makes a unique nail salon name?
Not only should you try to avoid cliche words and think fresh. You should also try to tie the name to your unique salon story. This is how the name becomes unique to you and your salon.
This is not easy, I know..
But to help you get started on the process, I have pulled together a list of truly unique nail salon names below. I also recommend you check out my list of unique nail salon slogans below. It’s easier to find a name and slogan combination that together represents the unique you.
But enough with theory, let’s dive into the list of unique nail salon names.
List of Unique Nail Salon Names
- Komorebi Nails (if you have Japanese heritage or salon focus – meaning sunlight filtering through trees)
- At Lisas (or your name)
- Tsundoko Nails (Japanese – the act of buying books and leaving them unread)
- Confident Nails (if your mission is to give confidence)
- Cut Costs (if your focus is low price)
- Nail Embasan (Maguindanao/Philippines – to wear clothes while taking a bath)
- Voorpret Nail & Beauty (Dutch – the sense of enjoyment before an event takes place)
- Fernwhe Nail (German – missing a place you’ve never been)
- The Nail Doctor (if you have a “nail health over beauty” focus)
- Remedy Nail Bar (again, if your focus is nail health)
- Ephemeral Nails (lasting for a very short time)
- Solo Nails (if you’re an individual stylist)
- Mudita Nails (Sanskrit – taking delight in the happiness of others joy)
- Hygge Nails (Danish – the absence of anything annoying)
- Ubuntu Nails (Nguni – the beliefe that we are defined by our kindness toward each other)
- Lautong Nails (Mandarin – a friendship between two girls for eternity)
- Blue Lamp Nails (a tool you might be using a lot)
- Lagom Nail Lounge (Swedish – just the right amount)
- The Nail Express (if your focus is speed)
- The Gel Bar (if you’re a gel specialist)
- Nail Art Salon (if that’s what you’re know for)
- GOAT Nails (greatest of all times)
- Identity Nails
Creative Nail Salon Names
Are you looking for a creative name for a nail salon?
If you run a creative nail studio, you should have a business name that represents your artistic image.
People come to you for nail art, trends, and creativity and you want your name to symbolize that.
In the list of name ideas below, I’ve tried to use wording that is associated with creativity to bring this feeling to life.
List of Creative Name for Nail Salon
- Nail Meraki (Greek – to do something with soal creativity or love)
- Nail Rituals
- Creative Nails
- Brush & Strokes
- Nail Spectrum
- Picasso Nails
- Iridescent Nails (producing a display of rainbow-like colors)
- Salon Create
- Nail Paint
- Powder Nail
- Nail Artists
- Nail Creations
- Artistic Nails
- Liberty Nails
- Say it with Color
- Editorial Nails
- Craft Nails
- Creativity Nails
- Gifted with Nails
- Nail Inspired
- The Nail Shoot
- The Nail Process
- Behind the Scenes at Jane’s (or your name)
- The Nail Lighthouse
- Nail Dreams
- Mirage Nails
- Nail Innovation
- The Nail Lab
- Nail Invention
- Genius Nails
- Fantasy Nails
- Nails First
- Creato Nail Bar
- Blank Canvas Nail Studio
- The Nail Lab
- Mosaic Nails
- Nail Creations
- Hue Nails
- Art & Chemistry Nails
- The Nail Show
- Planet Nail
- On Trend Nails
- Nail Couture
- Nail Activists
- Personalized Nails
Funny Nail Salon Names
A fun and clever nail salon names are more memorable than any other nail salon name. They evoke emotion and our brains are better at remembering things that have an emotion attached to them than not.
But that’s not the only reason why a funny hair salon name is a good idea.
Fun names also make you more approachable. It signals that you’re not taking life too seriously and people like that. The name alone says a lot about your character and people almost feel as they know you even though they might not yet have been to your nail bar or salon.
The only caution I would add to funny salon names is that it’s probably not a good fit if you’re trying to portray a high-end, luxury image. In those cases, you actually don’t want to be approachable but rather distanced and “put on a pedestal”. We’ll cover more of that in the list of fancy nail salon names.
Let’s now look at the funniest nail salon names.
List of Fun Nail Salon Names
- Nailed it!
- Nail Brain
- Tip Toe Nails
- Sweet Feet Pedicures
- Get Nailed!
- Posh & Polished
- Holy Nails!
- Jack of all Fades
- Cutie Pie Nails
- Raise a Hand
- We Love Tips
- Salon Holding Hands
- Ace of Fades
- Nail Stones
- Cut the Crap
- Well Nailed
- Get Polished
- Ms. Manicure
- The Last Nail
- Papa Pedi & Mama Mani
- Red in Bed Nail Salon
- Under the Lamp
- Pink me up
Catchy Nail Salon Names
Using a funny nail salon name is not the only way to make your name memorable. There are other clever nail salon names that can achieve similar results. By employing rimes and phrases that hang together well, you can also make your name more memorable.
I have put together some examples of catchy nail salon names like this below. They can be a good option that allows you to stay away from using humor.
List of Catchy Nail Salon Names
- Pedi Pros
- Nail Knowledge
- Martinis and Manicures
- Shiny Shots
- Nail Epoch
- Runway Nails
- Rocking Reds
- Barbie Boutique
- Nail Nation
- Professionally Polished
- Nail Paint
- House of Nails
- Nuxe Nails
- Pedi Passion
- Nail on Sale
- Oh La La Nail Salon
- Viva Nails!
- Ruby’s Reds
- Neat Nails
- The Bee’s Knees Nails (used to tell someone they are simply the best in the 20s)
Classy & Fancy Nail Salon Names
Do you run a high-end nail salon?
The way you brand and name a premium salon is very different from other types of nail businesses. First of all, a luxury brand is never “launched”. It exists because of a reason. Its existence is a consequence of the past.
And this should be reflected in your salon’s name.
So not only should you use elegant and classy words, but even more important is that it’s a reflection of you and/or your salon’s mission. I’ve already given some examples of unique nail salon names that are highly relevant for classy salons. Here we’ll look at some more nail salon name examples that are using elegant and classy words to portray a luxury image.
List of Fancy Nail Salon Names
- Elite Nails
- Nail Sensation
- Elegant Nails
- Royal Nail
- Pure Nails
- Vivid Nails
- Burlesque Nails
- Timeless Nails
- Fashionic Nails
- Unicure Nails
- Upscarf Nail Salon
- Femiluxe Nails
- Coutured Nails
- Fiocchi Nails
- Capucci Nails
- Guanti Nails
- Nail Extravagants
- Zuma & Nadal
- Divaza Nails
- Beautello Nails
- Majesty Nail
- White Nails
- Serenity Salon
- Sharp Nails
- Lux Nails
- Infinity Nails
- Blush Nail Salon
- Paint Bar
- Coat Bar
- Divine Nail
- Salonvio Nails
- Nail Salon Grande
- Salon Zephyr
- Salon Amber
- Illum Nails
- Pure nails
- Opal Nails
- Signature Nails
- Nail Mark
- Lisa & Lars (or founders names)
- Eloquence Nails (the art of using language in an apt, fluent way)
- Platinum Nails
- Eternity Nails
- Air Nails
- Salon Serendipity (the chance occurrence of events in a beneficial way)
- Epiphany (a moment of sudden revelation)
- Supine Feet (lying face upwards)
- Luminescence Nails (light produced by chemical, electrical, or physiological means)
- Salon Solitude (a state of seclusion or isolation)
- Aurora Nails (dawn)
- Nail Marvel
- Salon Nobel
- Cloud Nails
- Nail Limerence (the state of being infatuated with another person)
- Ethereal Nails (extremely delicate, light, not of this world)
- Bright Lux Salon
- Genesis Nails
- Nail Feathers
- Phosphenes Nails (the light and colors produced by rubbing your eyes)
Funky & Cool Nail Salon Names
Do you run a salon that stands out from the crowd? Are you a rebel that does things differently?
Then I think you’ll like the cool nail salon names I’ll share here.
It’s easy to get stuck in the nail salon cliche wording. If your run and edgy nail salon you should try to break free from that and use funky words in your name. Words that stand for something that symbolizes you.
I’ve put together a list of funky nail salon names below that I think will help you get your creative juices going.
List of Cool Nail Salon Names
- The Nail Bazaar
- Tiger Nails
- Nail Pro
- Bombinate Nails (to make a humming or buzzing noise)
- Nail Icon
- Street Nails
- Grafitti Nails
- The Nail Room
- Bounce Nails
- The One Nail Bar
- The Nail Bar
- Luxe Nails
- The Nail Studio
- Knockout Nails
- The Nail Hive
- Illicit Nails (not legally permitted)
- Nunchi Nails (Korean – the ability to read others and act appropriately)
- Rebel Rebel Nails
- Ineffable Nails (too good to be expressed in words)
- Aquiver Nails (quivering/ trembling)
- Sonder Salon Nails (the realization that each passerby has a life as vivid and complex as your own)
- Samurai Nails
- The Nail Project
- The One & Only
- Nail Republic
- Nail Oblivion (the state of being unaware of what is happening around you)
- Bangs Nails
Cute Nail Salon Names
Maybe the cool nail salon names weren’t at all for you 🙂
And you’re looking for some kinder words to use in your name. Then I think you’ll like the cute nail salon names I’ve listed below.
List of Cute Nail Salon Names
- Nail Princess
- Lollipop Nail
- Pink Polish
- The Nail Nurse
- Happy Nails
- Sparkle Nails
- Gigil Nails (Filipino – the urge to squeeze or pinch something really cute)
- Goya Nails (Urdu – the suspension of disbelief that happens in good storytelling)
- Simplicity Nails
- Nail Bubbles
- Nail Tingle
- Mon Petit Nogle
- Bliss Nails
- Coco Nails
- Nail Flaunt
- Pixie Nails
- Honey Nails
- Nail Bloom
- Blossom Nails
Hair & Nail Salon Names
Do you have a nail bar in your hair salon? Or maybe a blow-dry bar in your nail salon?
Whatever your setup is, it’s a good idea to reflect that in your name to drive awareness of both your hair and nail services.
To find a name that represents your salon, I recommend you check out my list of spa names. As spas typically provide a full range of beauty services, I’m sure you can find some recommendations here.
I’ve also created a separate list of hair salon name ideas to give you more ideas for the hair part of your business.
You can really pick any name and add “Hair & Nail” to it. But if you’re looking for a specific name that communicates both of your salon services, I have put together a list below that also reflect your nail business.
List of Hair & Nail Salon Names
- Everything Color
- Color, Color, Color
- Vitamin B
- Cut & Coat
- The Hair & Nail Room
- Blush Beauty Bar
- Hand & Head
- Your Hair & Nails
- 2x Salon
- Red Hair, Red Nails
- The Paint
- Tip & Top Salon
- Say it with Color
- The Hair & Nail Bar
- The Hair & Nail Lab
- Head & Fingers
- Head to toe
- Total Beauty
- Salon You
- Destination Salon
- The Beauty Experts
- The Getaway
- The Beauty Spot
- Perfecta Salon
- Grand Salon
- All at Once
- One-Stop Beauty Salon
French Nail Salon Names
The French language is truly the language of fashion and beauty. Even more so than Italian and Spanish.
It’s probably the most used language by luxury brands. The sound of the language itself just makes any brand come across as more luxurious.
You should by now have a decent list of nail salon name options on your note pad. But to expand your options further, you can look at translating your name into French, Italian, Spanish, or even Japanese. This might give you a bunch of new ideas for your nail salon name.
But there are many beautiful French words that would fit perfectly for a nail salon.
Let’s look at some examples.
List of French Nail Salon Names
- Boudoir Nails
- Salon Femme
- Elle Nails
- Bon Nails
- Nail Adore
- Femelle Nails (Female)
- Noir (Black)
- Blanche (White)
- Petit Salon (small salon)
- Salon Bisou (kiss)
- Salon Étoile (star)
- Le Boutique Ongle (nail shop)
- Elegance (elegant)
- A La Mode (in fashion)
- Salon Soleil (sun)
- Salon Magnifique
- Le Salon
- Atelier de Julien (or your name)
- Salon Chatoyer (to shimmer)
- Salon Ongle (Nail)
- Dépaysement (disorientation felt in a foreign country)
- Mon Petit Ongle (My little nail)
- Salon Formidable (excellent)
- Vachement (“really really”)
- Deja Vous
- Salon Evian
- Le Posh
- Floraison (bloom)
- Salon Mieux (Better Salon)
- Salon Paris
- Plein de Vie (full of life)
- Salon Jolie (pretty)
Unique & Catchy Nail Salon Slogans
As I’ve touched on a few times now.
A good nail salon name should be unique to your nail salon.
But I know this is easier said than done. Maybe you have fallen in love with a name on your list now that has nothing to do with you – it just sounds great.
If it sounds good and feels right to you – stick with it. What you can do instead is to include a slogan under your name. Slogans typically allow for a few more words and can help give your nail salon name meaning.
To help you with some ideas, I have put together a list of catchy nail salon slogan below that you can use together with your salon name.
List of Nail Salon Slogans
- Because color changes everything
- Life’s too short to not wear beautiful nails
- More than color
- The power of red
- Polish your life
- Color Experts
- Even your husband will envy you
- 100% organic Beauty
- Look good. Feel good
- Give life a sparkle
- Your nails say it all
- Say it with color
- Simply the best
- The mani & pedi expert
- Where nails become art
- Just say yes, and we’ll do the rest
- More than a nail salon
- The color experience
- Leave your feets with us
- Wake up beautiful
- You deserve it
- It’s nailday!
- Inspired by nature
- Paris (or your city name)
- Come on in, bring your ten little friends!
- We know beauty
- We know nails
- Beautiful nails. Affordable price.
- Certified nail experts
- You’ll never look at your hands the same way again
- The best a woman can get
How to Choose the Best Nail Salon Name
Congratulations! You managed to go through this long list of nail salon name ideas.
You should now have a list of ideas jotted down that could be a good name for your nail salon business.
But how do you know if it’s a good name or not?
It’s time to start filtering your list so that you land on the best name for your nail salon.
Go through each name on your list now and ask your self the questions below for each name. If the answer is yes on most of the questions, you might be sitting on the name that will carry your beauty business for years to come!
1. Does the Nail Salon Name Reflect You and Your Salon?
Your salon’s name should be unique and distinct to you. In order to land on the right name, take 2 minutes to think about how you’d like your salon to be perceived (e.g. classy, creative, or cool) as well as what it is that makes your salon unique. This can be the specific services you offer or the story about why your hair salon exists in the first place.
2. Is the Name Easy to Spell and Pronounce?
You want to make that it’s easy for people to remember your name. Names that are difficult to pronounce might sound cool when you say it but will your clients really be able to pronounce it?
The same goes for spelling.
People need to be able to find your salon when searching on the web so they need to be able to spell your name.
3. Does the Name Make it Intuitive that it is a Nail Salon?
You will be using your salon’s name in all your future salon marketing activities. And in many cases, you only have a split second to communicate who you are. This is why it’s vital that people immediately understand what type of business you run or you’ll lose their attention.
4. Can you Find an Available Website Domain Name?
Soon after you’ve locked on your salon name, you’ll need to create your salon website and business email addresses. To do that, you need a domain name (e.g. yoursalon.com).
As all businesses are increasingly moving online and the cost of a domain name is low, the number of available domain names are becoming fewer. This is why it’s good to do a check already now to see if the name you want is available or you might want to adapt your name.
The easiest way of doing this is by using Namecheap. They allow you to search for names and generate more ideas. If it’s busy, you can try with appending your “nail”, “salon”, or your city to the name. When you find something good, grab it at a low price with Namecheap to ensure no one else takes it.
5. What will the Name Look Like as a Logo?
Your nail salon name not only needs to sound good. It needs to look good.
You don’t necessarily need to finalize your logo at this stage but it’s a good idea to at least test what it could look like when you turn it into a logo. As you do this exercise you might realize that certain letters would be better than others which could influence your final hair salon name.
It’s really easy to do this test with Canva. Canva is a free design tool that most entrepreneurs use to design things for their businesses. They also offer a free 30 day trial of their paid plan which gives you access to great logo assets. Thus, I’d suggest you get on the free trial to generate your logo ideas (which you can complete in less than the trial period).
The name on your list that got most yes on the above questions is probably the name you should go with. But, most what’s most important is still what your gut tells you.
You’ve been working hard today. Take a break. Read about something else now. And come back and decide on your name tomorrow. Your gut will tell you what’s right – trust it.